Location: Toms River
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for scheduling patient
visits to corresponding homes and facilities. Also responsible for
making assignments for staff according to their schedule needs,
data entry, scanning, faxes, mail, copies information, and
communicating with managers and staff related to patients'
condition and needs.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
* Schedules patient home visits according to their plan of care and
* Makes assignments promptly-day of referral receipt, if
* Contacts patients to set expectations of home health services and
collect co-pay as applicable.
* Create, edit, and disseminate daily patient schedules
* Maintains current employee schedules and updates appropriate
database as directed.
* Responsible for both inbound and outbound calls, handling calls
in a professional manner, and timeliness response.
* Discern patient services required, as outlined in agreements,
urgent requests, and care plans.
* Accurately enters patient information and demographics into
company utilized database.
* Keeps manager informed of reported changes in patient's condition
or staffing shortages or delays
* Maintains list of clinicians under the associated personnel as
the staff is assigned.
* Documents communication with physician, patients, family, and
staff members in the electronic record
* Ensures confidentiality of patient care information and
* Recognizes and responds to department needs appropriately.
* Performs general office duties including but not limited to
filing, scanning, shredding, photocopy, sort/distribute mail, and
providing reception and telephone services.
* Recognize and communicate trends or problems to management.
* Responsible for sending letters to patients when contact cannot
* Consistently answers emails concerning patients' needs in a
* Follows through on emails/phone calls until the patient is taken
* Demonstrates patient concern by consistently asking every patient
how he/she is doing when speaking to him/her
* Verifies or obtains alternate contact information, patient
address, and any specific instructions for the patient visit.
* Is actively involved in team activities, evidenced by
participation, mentoring, and training with co-workers
* Assists in the development and maintenance of reference materials
for use by staff and facilitates the sharing of
* Develops relationships with branches, other teams to accomplish
* Participates in monthly team meetings and training
* Maintain patient confidentiality and function within the
guidelines of HIPAA
* Completes assigned compliance training and other educational
programs as required
* Maintains compliant with AdaptHealth's Compliance Program
* Perform other related duties as assigned
Competency, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to appropriately interact with patients, referral
sources, and staff.
* Decision Making.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to
* Strong verbal and written communication.
* Excellent customer service and telephone service skills.
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to work independently as well as follow detailed
* Solid ability to learn new technologies and possess the technical
aptitude required to understand the flow of data through systems as
well as system interaction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* One (1) year work-related experience in health care
administrative, financial, or insurance customer services, claims,
billing, call center, or management regardless of industry.
* Senior-level requires two (2) years of work-related experience
and one (1) year of exact job experience.
* Exact job experience is considered any of the above tasks in a
Medicare-certified HME, Diabetic, Pharmacy, or home medical
supplies environment that routinely bills insurance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* The work environment may be stressful at times, as overall office
activities and work levels fluctuate.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand, and sit for extended
periods of time.
* Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to the computer
* Ability to perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands, and/or
fingers due to extensive computer use.
* Must be able to lift 5 to 10 pounds periodically as needed.
* May be exposed to angry or irate customers or patients.
* This position if primarily performed within an office
* Excellent ability to effectively communicate both verbally and
written with customers with the ability to demonstrate empathy,
compassion, courtesy, and respect for privacy.
* Mental alertness to perform the essential functions of the
Keywords: AdaptHealth, Brick , Scheduling Coordinator, Other , Toms River, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!