ShopRite - Frozen Foods Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking and
rotating merchandise in the Frozen Department; to maintain a neat,
clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks
as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
* Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racking
and storage areas.
* Ability to work in refrigerated coolers and high moisture rooms
for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including
securing helium tanks, sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and
refuse as needed
* Operate a baler and compactor.
* Be alert to temperatures and operating condition of refrigerated
storage areas and display cases; promptly communicate any problems
or equipment failures to key person in charge.
* Be knowledgeable of the various types of Frozen products;
including taste, preparation method or use, price differences,
* Utilize CGO to maintain and order merchandise to keep product in
stock, including using Hand Held Terminal.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report
any equipment problems immediately.
* Maintain required communication within the Department and
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Frozen Foods operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy, including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Perform duties in accordance with in the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Frozen Foods
Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 650
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
* Assist Frozen Manager as needed.
* When required, price items accurately and legibly using approved
price marking devices.
* Ensure that featured sale merchandise is attractively signed to
* Accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of
merchandise, and bad merchandise/ spoilage write offs in accordance
with Company policies.
* Maintain Unit Price Labels (Tags) for all items, doing price
changes as required.
* Validate deliveries to invoice documents and utilize the
receiving log, placing signed invoices in appropriate area.
* Fully stock and rotate all frozen merchandise in cases, shelves
and other applicable displays according to tag allocation and
* Unload and secure received product in appropriate refrigerated
storage areas using power or hand jack, carts, u-boats or bossies
* Block and face all products in accordance to Company policy or as
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Brick , ShopRite - Frozen Foods Clerk, Other , Brick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!