Company: Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Location: Long Branch
Posted on: September 24, 2022
BLURB & BENEFITSJob Summary:The House Laundry Attendant is
responsible for washing, ironing, folding and distributing all
soiled linens, towels, napkins and
tablecloths.QualificationsEducation & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.Physical requirements:
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.General Requirements:
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance DoubleTree by Hilton
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport Standards
and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Always maintain a warm and friendly demeanor.Duties &
- Employees must always be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Understand operation of washing machines and dryers.
- Load and unload washes according to standards.
- Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc.
- Sort all hotel linen according to type, color, size, etc.
- Pre-treat all stained linen before washing.
- Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as
- Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at
the end of day.
- Sweep and mop laundry floors, storing all linens off the
- Fold towels and linens.
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry
- Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Sort clean laundry according to type and load carts.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.We're anequal opportunity
employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Ocean Place Resort & Spa, Brick , Laundry Attendant, Other , Long Branch, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!