Information Technology Specialist (CUSTSPT) (12 months Register )
Company: Department Of The Treasury
Posted on: March 16, 2023
WHAT IS THE IT - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Provide advice and assistance to customers on a large local problem to troubleshoot complex problems; and provide support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customers' ability to carry out critical business activities.
* Lead the local implementation of a national project to review, validate, and standardize problem resolutions for inclusion in the problem resolution database.
* Serve as senior customer technical analyst with responsibility for a significant local project for resolving the most complex customer problems.
* Perform feasibility studies of proposals, considering costs and benefits. Lead or participate in long range or major implementation initiatives, and coordinate local activities associated with all or most phases of planning, implementation, and evaluation of mainframe (Tier I) systems.
* Analyze requests for new programs and modifications of existing programs. Determine how the system should be organized and what equipment demands will result. Identifies specific data elements, program layouts, interrelationships, sequences, and internal logic upon decision to automate. Code, test, debug, coordinate, and document the application.
* Provide technical advice and assistance to other technical analysts and technicians regarding related mainframe system design and development, alternative processing methods and improvements, file design and organization, access methods, security requirements, and associated software and utility programs.
Conditions of Employment
* To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement/enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
* If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
* A 1-year probationary period is required.
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to "Get Your Tax Record" at http://www.irs.gov/(https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
* Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
Additional Requirements to be continue in Additional Information section.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
BASIC REQUIREMENT FOR ALL GRADES: Experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication and 4) Problem Solving.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
GS-7 LEVEL: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet one of the following requirements.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Specialized experience for this position must have been in an IT field or work where the primary concern was the subject matter of the IT application. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Interviewing subject-matter personnel to get facts regarding work processes, and synthesizing the resulting data into charts showing information flow; operating computer consoles where this involved choosing from among various procedures in responding to machine commands or unscheduled halts; scheduling the sequence of programs to be processed by computers where alternatives had to be weighed with a view to production efficiency; preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where this involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion; working directly with customers in obtaining information needed to establish or change accounts; translating detailed logical steps developed by others into language codes that computers accept where this required understanding of procedures and limitations appropriate to use of a programming language.
OR EDUCATION: 1 full academic year of graduate education at an accredited college or university in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics or technology management OR 1 full academic year of graduate education in one or more of the fields identified above that required the development or adaption of applications, systems or networks OR Superior Academic Achievement may be met by having a bachelor's degree, with one of the following: A GPA of 2.95 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last 2 years of study, or a GPA of 3.45 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all courses in the major field of study or those courses in the major completed in the last 2 years of study, or rank in the upper one third of the class in the college, university, or major subdivision, or membership in a national honor society recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies. Note: Grade point averages should be rounded to one decimal point. For example, 2.95 is rounded to 3.0, and 2.94 is rounded to 2.9. If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) was taken on a pass/fail or similar basis, your claim must be based on class standing or membership in an Honor Society OR COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION At least 1 year of combined graduate education and experience as defined in paragraphs above.
GS-9 LEVEL: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet one of the following:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience in an IT field or work where the primary concern was the subject matter of the IT application. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Analysis of the interrelationships of pertinent components of the system; Planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment; and Personal responsibility for at least a segment of the overall project OR EDUCATION: A master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a master's or equivalent graduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering or technology management OR A master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a master's or equivalent graduate degree in one or more of the fields identified above that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks OR COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: At least 1 year of combined graduate education and experience as defined in paragraphs above.
GS-11 LEVEL: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet one of the following:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience that demonstrated an accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques. For example, assignments would show experience in developing modifications to parts of a system that required significant revisions in the logic or techniques used in the original development. Must have been in an IT field or work where the primary concern was the subject matter of the IT application. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Knowledge of the customary approaches, techniques, and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls; adaptation of guidelines or precedents to the needs of the assignment OR EDUCATION: You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. OR equivalent doctoral degree in computer science, information science, information systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering or technology management OR equivalent doctoral degree in one or more of the fields identified above that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. OR COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION At least 1 year of combined graduate education and experience as defined in paragraphs above.
Additional Qualifications to be continued in Education Section.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
Additional Qualifications continued:
GS-12 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience that demonstrates accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.In addition to the above: At this grade level, your experience should be sufficient enough to demonstrate the following: Evaluating and recommending the adoption of new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT services; testing and optimizing the functionality of systems, networks, and data; Identifying and defining business or technical requirements applied to the design, development, implementation, management and support of systems and networks; evaluating proposals for the acquisition of IT products and services, ensuring the optimal use of commercially available products; ensuring compliance with data management standards, and recommending new or modified standards to increase; and responding to customer service problems resulting from incidents and/or catastrophic events, such as virus infections or power outages.
MEET TIME IN GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT: For positions above the GS-05, applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year (52 weeks) at the next lower grade level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the grade you are applying for.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
Continued from Requirement Section:
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
* The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
* File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a Bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Day Shift: Start and stop times between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply up to the closing date of the announcement of 11/6/2023. The register will be used to fill an anticipated 6 vacancies. Selections may be made from certificates issued up to 12 months after the 1st cut-off date listed below. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Applicants need to apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered, 01/17/2023, 05/09/2023, 08/07/2023, 11/06/2023. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed, not later than 5 workdays prior to the cut-off date or the final selection date.
Keywords: Department Of The Treasury, Brick , Information Technology Specialist (CUSTSPT) (12 months Register ), Other , Freehold, New Jersey
here to apply!