Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer
Company: Nestl-- USA
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that
nourishes your future like no other.If you're driven by the passion
to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestl-- is the place
for you. Nestl-- USA is one of seven operating companies that make
up Nestl--'s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of
American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our
goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage
products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our
environmental and climate impact.We're determined to challenge the
status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals
and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created
a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded,
speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers
every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to
learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the
workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing
our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Position SummaryThe Senior Project Engineer is responsible for
providing technical leadership by identifying, creating and
executing capital projects for the Plant. This position will
maintain visibility to the design process and assure adherence to
all established key components and project deliverables as well as
directly manage overall project execution including construction
and commissioning. Additionally, this position will coordinate with
the client as well as various other groups inside and outside of
Reporting to the Senior Factory Engineering Manager, this position
is responsible for managing small, minor, and major capital
projects from end to end and all key components of major capital
projects (concept, scope, cost, resources, funding,
- Assist in development of pre-project approval documents
including project charter, project management plan, project kick
start, estimate and milestone schedule creation.
- Monitor design progress and deliverables are met in adherence
to established project key components.
- Receive design details from design team with full understanding
of project deliverables to coordinate bid package development and
release for construction bidding and field execution.
- Select contractors and contracting methods based on engineering
ways of working methodology.
- Direct and execute installation, construction, and
commissioning of assigned projects.
- Manage adherence to project scope and secure approvals for all
changes in projects based on engineering ways of working
- Manage and control project budget providing cost forecasts and
cash flow projections through development of project cost and
status reports on at least a monthly basis or as requested by
- Manage and maintain project milestone schedules with integrated
detailed scheduling as agreed upon in the project charter.
- Manage data collection and feedback process for projects.
- Monitors processes for compliance with quality and GMP
requirements in accordance with FDA and OSHA regulations.
- Provide construction management and plant startup assistance as
needed to ensure successful project execution
- Evaluate, select, and issue contracts for construction firms
through bidding and prequalification vetting processes.
- Provide self-directed project management of assigned projects
from end to end with minimal supervision from department
- Monitor work output from less senior engineers on the project
team as assigned by the department manager.
- Provide technical support to Factory operations.
- Will support and participate in Nestl-- Continuous Excellence
(NCE) and Total Performance Management (TPM) as a part of their job
responsibility within the Business Unit or assigned factory.
- Responsible for ensuring that one exhibits an attitude of
absolute intolerance for unsafe situations and never implement any
change, whether directly instructed to, or under your own
initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to
product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No
compromises will be tolerated.
- Bachelors' degree in an Engineering Field. (Mechanical
Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience managing capital projects with increasing
responsibility and complexity in a manufacturing, industrial,
military, or related environment
- Preferred: 7+ years of project management experience in a
manufacturing, industrial, military, or related environment
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to using problem solving techniques to resolve issues
and implement change
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and
- Proven ability to complete major projects in a manufacturing
environment; food manufacturing highly preferred.
- Ability to schedule resources effectively so continuous
improvement is not sacrificed for day-to- day results.
- Additional consideration for those that are considered subject
matter experts in a particular field of engineering (process,
packaging, refrigeration, etc.)
- Strong technical, managerial and leadership skills in Project
- Knowledge of plant design and construction.
- In-depth knowledge of food processing plant and
- Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food
safety and equipment.
- Understanding of financial analysis and relevant business
- Familiarity with CAPEX budgeting and preparation
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel, Basic AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Capital Investment Approval & Tracking (CIAT)
- Preferred: Experience using SAP and/or Microsoft Project
- Preferred: TPM experience.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive
workplace.To our veterans and separated service members, you're at
the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join
Nestl--. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such
as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills
that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our
commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the
exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with
disabilities. Nestl-- seeks such skilled and qualified individuals
to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have
chosen to call Nestl-- home.The Nestl-- Companies are an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking
diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national
origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical
condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation,
or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior
to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to
inform us confidentially if you may require any special
accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment
experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial
711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Freehold, NJ, US, 07728
Keywords: Nestl-- USA, Brick , Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer, Professions , Freehold, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!