Diesel Mechanic - Ocean Township School District
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Ocean Township School District! First things First: Who are
we? First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet
management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981,
First Vehicle Services has provided efficient and cost-effective
vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school
districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports,
universities, and private organizations throughout the United
States. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- Top hourly wages are based on experience and qualifications
- $1,000 sign-on bonus*
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- 13 Paid holidays & vacation
- Air Conditioned Shop!
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Diesel Mechanic Position As an Automotive
and Diesel Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will help
maintain and repair Bluebird, International, and Freightliner buses
and automotive vans to ensure vehicle readiness & safety. Other
major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains, transmissions,
and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
Qualifications for the Diesel Mechanic position
- A valid driver's license is required.
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
employment experience or a combination of technical school
education & experience.
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must be willing to
participate in the company ASE certification program (company
training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Be subject to a drug test. Get your career on the road with
First Vehicle Services! *conditions apply; offer ends 12/31/2022 We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Brick , Diesel Mechanic - Ocean Township School District, Professions , Oakhurst, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!