Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: August 31, 2019
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career all within New
Jersey's premier health-care system.
A day in the life of a Maintenance Mechanic at Hackensack Meridian
* Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of equipment
* Reading, interpreting and working from blue prints, diagrams, and
* All interior (night lights, floods, fluorescent, exit, etc.) will
require changing of bulbs, ballasts, starters, etc., as needed
* Responsible for repairs and PM s to patient room equipment; for
maintaining and PM s to plumbing systems (toilets, sinks,
dispensers, drains, etc.); medical gas systems (oxygen, vacuums,
air, etc.); environmental appearance of the facility (walls,
ceilings, door frames, floors, etc.)
* Reports unsafe conditions, and responds to all emergency calls
and drills. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures.
* Maintains accurate and complete logs following departmental
* Assists in making decisions on all normal and minor repairs and
reports major problems to Director or Manager
* Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in various
crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, machinist
* Cleans, lubricates, services, repairs, installs and makes
malfunction diagnosis of HVAC equipment, sterilizers, ice makers
and refrigeration equipment, electrical system and other plant and
* Basic Plumbing Maintenance
* Maintenance Minor wall repair, spackle and painting.
* High school diploma or GED Equivalent is required
* Two (2) years general work experience in building and equipment
maintenance, construction, equipment installation and/or repair
work is required
* Must have a current valid unrestricted driver s license
* Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
* Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
* Electrical and/or Plumbing certifcations desirable.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including alternating
weekends and holidays when needed.
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs,
a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our
patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork,
dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to
deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of
patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Brick , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Brick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!